ARCH - Questions For All Archers (Was : Archery Question)

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed Jun 7 07:38:03 PDT 2000

>***** Timothy of Glastonbury asked:
>So I ask the following questions to the whole of the archery community :
>
>Is there an interest to see new and different ideas on this list, and to
>discuss there merits and flaws?
>
>Would you like to see more head-to-head type competitions in archery?
>
>What makes someone an archer? Running a range? Shooting Targets? Shooting
>Combat Archery?

To which Gilli says:

Please bear with some of us old -arts.  We get a little testy at times.  It
comes from being on the range too much.  :)

Yes, I am interested or I would have pulled the plug on this list yesterday.
And, as I said in an earlier post, some good ideas came out of yesterdays
stuff.

Lately, when I do a non scoring shoot, it's been mostly archer duels.
Folks seem to like them.  They also lend themselves well to a bit more
pagentry.

As for what makes an archer, there are many things involed in archery.  You
have to at least shoot to be an archer.  I guess those that help but don't
shoot could be called friends of archery.  We probably could come up with a
better title, Friends of the Bow, perhaps.

Now heres a question:  How do we better educate the populace on archery
ediquecut?