ARCH - Questions For All Archers (Was : Archery Question)

Jeff kraegor at excite.com
Wed Jun 7 14:48:02 PDT 2000

Now, this is an idea that catches my attention. I've been watching with
facination all the banter back and forth over the past day or so. I was
actually loosing interest in archery watching some of the posts. It almost
seemed as complicated as some of the politics I've seen happen.
I know some of the banter has been in fun and I know some of the
participants in person even though they may not remember me :-) I'm new to
the Steppes and have only been to SpringFaire and Warlords this year. I plan
on attending the archery practice this Sunday and every other weekend (if
not more).
You want to know what kept me from the archery fields during these two
events? Nothing - until I got there. No one recognized me and so I was
overlooked or bypassed quite a bit. I tried asking questions and was
informed I could try a few shots, BUT my scores would not count as my
registration was not complete as of yet. There was a lot of emphasis on that
'BUT'. I took it as a hint to move on and did so. I see now that I was
mistaken. First impressions mean a lot. I'm not putting anyone down, nor and
I pointing fingers. Just letting you know that it IS happening.
I'd like to get my own equipment, yet I haven't seen any way to get sstarted
for under $300 as of yet. Want to help a 'newbie'? Point out a way to
purchase the equipment needed to get started for a decent starting amount.
Not everyone has plush jobs where they get paid enormous amounts of money -
lol

Kraegor the Hunter

>   Have you thought also about taking,
>well, a 'squire', for lack of better
>term at the moment, to yourself. He/She
>could run your arrows, care for your
>bow, etc., in return for an instructional
>guiding hand. No more worrying that
>you may miss your heralds call to the list
>(list) as that could be one of
>their duties for you. In exchange they would
>get a lot of one on one with an
>experienced Archer, access to the equipment
>they need to get started, and the
>pride in knowing that they are playing a part
>of the Great Dream.

Stultum Est Timere
Quod Vitare
Non Potest