ARCH - Greeter Propossal

Kevin Varner KVarner at PlanView.com
Fri Jun 9 13:15:05 PDT 2000

I would be happy to play greeter for a while on the range. It is not
as though I will be cut out of the shooting. The job can be rotated
around. It can even be done from a seated (!) position. (Then you can
be accused of sitting down on the job! - I like it!)

A little greeter cue card can be printed up because whatever information
is given out, it must be consistent. Site terrain may preclude setting up
a range exactly the same way at any given site, but the information must
be the same.

As to the trademark on Good Thing (tm)? Who knows? I have seen it that
way so often - it is probably a cutesy thing. I should probably cut off
my right hand for it, but then I couldn't shoot.  ;-)

Duncan maCConacher
Bryn Gwlad

(snipped)

I'm affraid that our past performance has show that just because it's a Good
Thing (How did this get a tm?) doesn't mean that it will be a  done thing.

Which does bring the question of Do we want to fix the problem or  just put
a band aid on it?

Will the good that might come of this be worth the *evil* (did I really say
that?) of another rule to weigh us down?  OK, so who would it weigh down?
Looks to me like it would only be those folks that run the ranges.

Personnally, since I don't want to have to repaint my sign, I think I could
find room for a second sign.  (do those tires look a bit flat to you?)  I
already carry lots of loaner gear.  And if there are a lot of folks at the
range, I don't think asking one to play greeter for a while would be a hard
thing to do.  I might even do it myself if I'm not on the line.

Gilli

(snipped)