ARCH - general questions

Kevin Varner KVarner at PlanView.com
Sat Jun 17 08:02:27 PDT 2000

I can see not wanting GT arrows on the same field as Ballista due to obvious
confusion. On the other hand (there's my watch  ;-)), the rules specifically
state that wooden or fiberglass arrows cannot be gleaned and re-used. I am
very sure that the first GT archer with a heavy bow who tries to use
wood/fiberglass off of the field will find his/her crucifixion occurring
almost immediately.

Duncan MacConacher
Bryn Gwlad

(snipped)

One reason - GT's are easily confused with Ballista bolts (although GT's do
lack the 'fins' of a bolt).  At Gulf War 9, I saw many who were struck by
ballista not call it, assuming it was a GT (giving the benefit of the
doubt); unless, of course, they were just outside the 30' minimum - they
knew it was a ballista bolt then *evil grin*!
Alfred Huddlestone
Bryn Gwlad