ARCH - Marshal authorization...

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Sun Jun 18 12:04:11 PDT 2000

There is a big difference between combat and target archery. In target
archery if you want to shoot it most marshals will let you though they may
clear the line while you do.
I was unable to go to Kings College becouse of work but have held classes on
basic archery in the past and work and location to the College permiting
will do again.
>That's a good question and one that Gilli responded to in part.  I was
>curious as well.  I know that at the events I have been on the field I have
>been instructed on checking gleaned arrows to insure they are still
>functional.  I have never seen any classes on the various bits of info.  I
>just returned from King's College and there was plenty of field combat
>-heavy classes but none on archery.  that would have been a good venue to
>hold a beginning class on things.
>
>As far as I can tell. target archery is different from Combat archery.
>Concerning the combat there seems to be inspection marchals which I agree
>you have to be trained at and there are field marshalls for checking arrows
>- which almost anyone can do.  at Gulf War, I was repeatedly told to check
>with field combat marshalls about certain things.  Some of them had not
>clue as to the rules of combat archery, ballista and other thrown objects.
>
>The archery marshalls who inspect my equipment are always willing to talk
>as much as time allows and they are always happy to get  help with checking
>arrows.
>
>Clare

Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Southern Reagional Archery Marshal