ARCH - Marshal Who??

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Mon Jun 19 17:52:24 PDT 2000

I agree with Gilli.  What's the difference?  If the group has TWO marshals
why must one of them be designated as the local marshal?

FYI, Gate's Edge has THREE authorized archery marshals: Baron Talmon
Wilbanks, Iaen Mor, and myself.  Baron Talmon is viewed as the "Local"
marshal but we all view the job as a group effort.  At our event a few weeks
ago Talmon was in charge of sign-in and scorekeeping and Iaen and I took
turns as the range/line marshal.  Week before last at Kingdom Warlord Iaen
and I tag-teamed to get the job done.  It makes jobs a lot easier when you
can trade off and get out of the sun for a bit.

Rather than Monthly reports to be filled out by "local" marshals I am an
advocate of EVENT reports to be filed whenever an event is held by whoever
was designated as the MIC for that event. Attached is the event report form
I sent in after Kingdom Warlord.  It is a direct rip-off of the Drachenwald
event report form.

Why not turn all authorized marshals into marshals at large?  Instead of
thinking that an individual is responsible for archery in a particular area
lets all be responsible for archery in our region or in the kingdom.  If a
group wants to have archery at their annual event but has no marshal, if
they will ask then Iaen and/or I will pack up the stuff and come setup and
run a competition for them if we can get away.  Plans are already made for
us to do this in Greywood in September.

Regards,

Eadric