ARCH - Marshal Who??

Mauer, Eric eric.mauer at attws.com
Tue Jun 20 11:34:29 PDT 2000

Lord Fearghus MacKenna writes:

> [...]
and
as such require SCA membership. And only warranted marshals can be MIC of a
range.<<<<<

Which leads us again to the question-what process do *you* require for
people to be warranted marshalls?
(If only warranted marshalls can run a range, it seems to me that you need
more then one in a local area
with an active archery program.)

Are you:
1. Requiring them to be local marshal/deputies thereof.
(as your reply to Pug, clarified (?) by the Plachoya would seem to imply)
2. Warranting people as marshals-at-large without regard to the local group
having a marshal.
(which would seem to be the case in Middleford)
3. Requiring the local marshallate position to be filled, and then
warranting other people
in the area as at-large marshalls.
or
4. One of the above, with case by case exceptions (for former Kingdom
archery marshalls and the like.)

I'm not concerned which option you chose (or have chosen), but I think it
needs to be clearly stated what the policy is, and what else is required for
warranting.

Bottom line-we have at least three local people (in addition to the local
marshal transitioning), who are familiar with the rules and have at least
some experience, who would like to be warranted. What's required to make
that happen?

Centurion Alaric Styrr,
called Tuhtahl of the Moritu

Eric Mauer
Customer Care and Government Team Lead
Austin Customer Operations
AT&T Wireless Services
Office: 512-436-7354   Fax: 512-436-7708
eric.mauer at attws.com

"Cast off limiting thoughts and return to true emptiness. Stand in the
midst of the Great Void. This is the secret of the Way of the
Warrior."-Morihei Ueshiba