ARCH - Just Wondering

Eadric Anstapa smills at barley.scabrewer.com
Tue Jun 27 10:15:49 PDT 2000

I assume that you are speaking specifcally of IKAC or
IKCAC scores?

Here in Gate's Edge we have not been submitting any
scores from our monthly practices because we have been
shooting at 40CM targets rather than 60CM.  Although we
have not been reporting scores, we always record and keep
scores so we can track individual improvement.  Ulsted,
Iaen, Talmon, and I did manage to shoot a full IKAC in
April or May but it was at 40CM targets so the scores
were not submitted. We now have a stock of 60CM targets
and we should start submitting pitiful scores
occasionally.

I say occasionally because we shoot Royal Rounds way more
often than a full IKAC.  A lot of it depends on the
number of people at the practice, how long we want to
stand out in the hot sun, and relative experience of the
archers at the practice.  If there are a lot of new or
less experienced archers then Talmon, Iaen, and I will
shoot in between helping everyone else.  A Royal Round is
not quite as intimidating to a novice archer and it
something that can be fired off in short order.  If more
than two archers are together here at an outdoor function
then Talmon is quite likely to set up some targets and we
will shoot a quick Royal Round.

Here Archery practice is Canton social event combined
with a potluck lunch and extended fellowship.  People
come and go throughout the day and there are usually more
than twice as many people at the event than are actually
shooting.  While the announced reason for getting
together is archery, the real reason most people are
there is for the fellowship.  We encourage people to
shoot, be safe, and to have fun without pressuring for
scores or competition.  If a member wanders over to the
range for a minute, borrows a bow, and shoots even a
dozen arrows then we count that as a win.

Regards,

Eadric

Bob Dewart <gilli at seacove.net> said:
> Greetings and Hi There,
>
> I was just wondering if any other groups are shooting
for score at their
> local practices?
>
> While I'm not Middleford's archery marshal, we've being
turing in some kind