ARCH - A Call for Courtesy

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Jun 6 11:30:35 PDT 2000

Ok, where were we.  OH yes.  Any way, on my way back from Waco I was
thinking about that ranking thing.  My goodness.  This whole game is based
on a ranking thing:  Mi'lord, Lord, Honorable Lord, Master.  Please don't go
to the OP.  Everey one that has ever gotten an award from this Kingdom has a
ranking.

I think what it boils down to is embarrssment.  Folks are affraid that
they'll look silly, or they'll get laughted at or something.  If so, so
what?  Doing archery is past their comfort level for embarrssment.   Let me
ask you a question.  Do you think that the so called archery gods always hit
the bullseye?  When we have a bad day, every one knows about it.  So what?
Obviously looking silly hasn't stopped me a bit.

Bottom line is this; if someone asks for help I will do what ever I can to
help them except buy their equipment for them and pull the string.  If
they're not going to do it, than any reason they fell comfortable with will
work; don't have time, my toe nails need trimming, my cat ate my bow string,
whatever.  Now, I'm in that same boat right now because I haven't shot for
score in a good long while myself.  However, if I don't have to work this
Sunday I'll climb out of that boat.  If I do, it will be next weekend then.