ARCH - general questions

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Fri Jun 16 15:35:24 PDT 2000

>Greetings and Hi There,

600 for crossbow is correct.
>The max pull for combat depends on the type of arrow being used.  30 lbs for
>wood / fiberglass shafts, 50 lbs for gulf tube arrows  ( both at 28 inches)
>and I believe 600inchpounds for cross bows.

Ansteorra alows 45 lbs for golf tube and they can NOT be used on the field
when wood/fiberglass is in use.

>The only limit to the max draw for target is what you want to pull.
>
>Gulf tube arrows are made from a tennis ball and a golf tube.   The parts
>may be obtained at various sporting goods stores.  They are used in combat
>archery and may be shot with a fifty pound bow.  While they are combat legal
>in this Kingdom, most folks here use either the wood or fibberglass shaft
>combat arrows.

A "well" constrected golf tube will shoot with a good wood/fiberglass arrow
and do not break like wood. Fiberglass is almost unbreakable.

>We only use target type heads for target shooting.  The hunting heads tear
>up the targets too much.  There is no "28 inch rule" for target archery.
>However, depending on your size and build, mother nature may have put that
>rule on you herself.  Find what your full draw is and make your target
>arrows to match.  If you have to cut a little off the end of the shaft,
>that's OK.  They'll fly better.
>

>LIke I said for the pull, it's what you want to do.  But ask your self this
>question.  Do I want to be able to shoot most of the morning or just a
>couple of shots and be done for the day?  Too light a bow and you won't get
>good performance (it will be adversely affected by wind and will have a
>shorter range).  Too heavy a bow and you won't be able to perform for long.
>
>Gilli

Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Southern Reagional Archery Marshal