ARCH - general questions

Sluggy slugmusk at home.com
Sun Jun 18 08:14:14 PDT 2000

Bob Dewart wrote:

> I don't believe there is a recommenderd weight.  The other day on the range
> there were 4 of us and we each had a differant weight.

For the target range, my rule of thumb is that you should consider a bow that
is about 50-60% of your safe maximum pull. That way, you can pull and hold with
ease and you don't get worn out shooting 100 arrows or so in a session.

For example, right now about the most I can pull and shoot safely is 80 pounds.
A 45 pound bow suits me well on the range and has no difficulty reaching 40 yds
and penetrating, even if I am not so good at sticking then IN the target out
there....

Sluggy!