ARCH - Marshal authorization...

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 18 20:40:29 PDT 2000

Clare here:

>There is a big difference between combat and target archery. In target
>archery if you want to shoot it most marshals will let you though they may
>clear the line while you do.
	I knew that and I'm planning on doing more target since combat
archery hinges heavily on melees that allow archers.  I was curious because
generally when I ask I get told that i should speak to the local marshall.
This gets frustrating sometimes since marshalls aren't always around.  And
I have slowly found info from all the different kingdoms and stray bits
here and there. so like most things I'm finding it is a matter of being
self taught.  No prolem except ot gets frustrating when I want a particular
answer....

>I was unable to go to Kings College becouse of work but have held classes on
>basic archery in the past and work and location to the College permiting
>will do again.
	Thanks, since I've been in the SCA a good while but am fairly new
to the archery aspect of it I wasn't sure.  Obviously< I hadn't meant that
because you and Gillie hadn't been there it was ten demerits.  Just the
observation that heavy was well represented and that I wished that there
was archery... even a History of Archery or Medieval archery.  It really
wasn't to say shame for not having it, I was suggesting that it was a good
venue.  And obviously I would expect others besides you and Gillie to be
able to teach.  In a funny way, I am perfectly able to teach and overview
of medieval archery and perhaps I shall at the next King's College....

What I was trying to suggest is that perhaps we could try to get informatio
out about archery through venues other than talking to people at shoots.  I
think some good articles about archery would work well for TI and for the
Arts and Sciences issue of the Black Star.  We were talking about greeters
and thought ot add this additional information.