ARCH - Marshal Who??

Rayburn, Timothy TRayburn at healthaxis.com
Tue Jun 20 08:42:49 PDT 2000

Um.... by my understanding of current marshallate rules and practices, this
paragraph is wrong.

My understanding is as follows :

All "At-Large" marshalls are deputies of the Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshall
for Archery.  Their names do appear on the warrant list that is presented to
the crown, and membership is indeed required.  The distinction drawn below
concerning Warranted and Authorized does not exist when speaking of
Marshalls for an archery range.

A local heavy fighter that wanted to fight in crown could serve as either an
At-Large or as a Local Archery Marshall and have been in a warranted
position (just as I am warranted as a Pursuivant in the college of arms).
[As a side note, the /requirement/ for a /warranted/ position to have been
held is at the least an over-stated generalization.  Those who choose to
disagree should first read V.5.4.2 and the body of V.5.4]

Timothy of Glastonbury