ARCH - Fw: Target archery rules (fwd)

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed Jun 21 20:35:35 PDT 2000

Pug said:
>Uhh. Then right now it is true. The corporate always exist when there
>are no local guidelines to make them stricter. Btw, what roughtly are
>the minor changes you are looking at?

Well, that depends on your definition of always.  If that's from first part
of this year, then OK.  Untill then they have been what we call around here
conventions.

So, check this out.  Until those new Corporate rules came out early this
year, there was nothing in writing signed by authority, that required a
marshal of any type to be present on a target archery range.  Except for the
personnal precences of the archer in charge, there was nothing that required
an archer on the line to only shoot at the designated targets.  That's right
folks, a person could shoot at something off the range and the marshal /
archer in charge of that range had no real or legal power to do anything
about it!  How's that grab you?

Why could all of this have been possible you ask?   Because there were no
written rules for target archery signed by someone in authority like the
Earl Marshal, Society Marshal or Board of Directors.

Once this Kingdom had target archery rules.  We had extensive target archery
rules.  However, not signed by anyone but me.  Things, lots of things
happened.  I was relieved of duty.  The rules, all of them, were thrown out.
Near as I can tell, there hasn't been anything since.  If there has been,
I'd be really happy to see it, as I was a marshal under every  Kingdom
Archery Marshal since then.  That would be 5 of them.  :)

Note to Fearghus:  Unless the runnings of this Kingdom has changed, and I
don't think so, as soon as you are fininished with those Kingdom rules, no,
before you are finished get with Sir Kief and talk about them if you haven't
already.  He needs to sign them and probably the Crown as well.  Because,
just as I was, you are only a Deputy to the Kingdom Officer and can not make
such rules on your own, even if so directed.  Without their signatures on
them as Kingdom Rules / Law, they aren't enfoceable.  Been there, done
that.  And brother, let me tell you, it sucked.  :)

Gilli
Member of the WEB