ARCH - general 'thru the air' questions

Earl Albrecht ealbrecht at nitekmcallen.com
Tue Jun 27 05:53:56 PDT 2000

Heilsa,

    I've become very interested in the whole archery-knife-axe-spear side of
both SCA and warfare and I'm looking for more specific info.

1.  What size knife/axe is allowed in target competition?  The handbook only
mentions how many heads an axe can have but not what size (one or two hand)
it can be (or what materials are allowed), and I saw nothing on knives.

2. What kind of spear is allowed? Again, the only thing I saw was that it
had to be at least 5' long--nothing about weight, size of head, materials.

3. Where can I find more info on the rules/safety regulations for these
competitions?  I only saw the sizes of the targets and the ranges used,
there has to be more.

Thanks,

Erik the Black
(Earl Albrecht)