ARCH - Bow poundage...

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Wed May 17 03:41:53 PDT 2000

>Good Morning,
>
>  What are the Ansteorran maximums for poundage, and how do you measure
>  it, for the different styles of bow? I am planning on switching to
>  long bow for when I actually start doing combat archery, so I'd like
>  to know what type of bow to start looking for.

UHMW is approved for long bow and crossbow. The blunt must be 1 1/4" in dia.
the blank should be 1 1/4" by 1" in dia. you drill a hole centered in the
end of the blank 1/2" into it the hole has to tight enough that you have to
drive the shaft into it. If you are using 1/4" rod that means 1/4" or 15/64"
drill one blank and try to push the shaft on if you do not have to drive it
on go down in size by a 64" till you have to drive it. The shaft must be
covered with eather strapping tape or you may use electrial tape on
fiberglass shafts only. Tape from just below the fletch to the base of the
head. Then add 1" of foam pad to the top cover with duck tape, put your name
on them and you are ready to shoot.