ARCH - Bow poundage...

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Wed May 17 18:22:41 PDT 2000

Got this add for UHMW from the SCA Missle list Plastic Supply Inc. Tacoma,
WA. 800-832-6774 price giben 5-16-00 is $1.65 U.S. per foot.

>  As well, is UHMW approved for long bow? If so, what are the standards
>  so I can make my own? If not, what is permitted and desirable and why?
>  (I realize the last one is opinions, but I'd like to know different
>  people's opinions.)

I shoot a 30# at 28" bow for target using arrows that match my bow, and was
able to hit the target at 70 yrds. Now the "target" was a combat sized
silhouette but I was hitting it. I can "see" the target when shooting 60 cm
5 color target face that is used for the IKAC. So you do not have to have
mutiple bows to shoot combat and target it is just more fun to have mutiple
bows to shoot.

>  For those people who shoot long bow, what poundage is good for target
>  for the styles of shoots that we typically do? Is combat legal enough
>  or should something a little heavier be better?
>
>Ciao,

Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Southern Reagional Archery Marshal