ARCH - A Day in Sherwood Forest

Debbie Dewart darcy at seacove.net
Mon Oct 2 19:37:39 PDT 2000

Members of the List,

Last week while enjoying the wonderful archery tourney at Elfsea's Defender
I had a THOUGHT.  And before I get into that thought I would like to express
my appreciation to Elfsea (my old home shire - wasn't that a long time ago!)
and to Baron Galen for their wonderful hospitality and making the Archery
Defender competition something special.

Now back to my THOUGHT.  I had a sudden vision of an archery themed event.
I saw two sides - Robin Hood and his merry band and Prince John and the
Sheriff of Rotting oops Nottingham and their gang of thugs uuuhhh defenders
of the king's law.

Scenarios could range from poaching to relieving the tax man of his burden
to redistribute it to the less fortunate to seiging the castle. Oh, and
rescuing damsels in distress or distressing said damsels.  There would be
opportunites for target and combat archery.  I'm sure we could work out
scenarios for light as well as heavy combatants.  Maybe we could even work
the equestrians in.

Of course, as soon as I had this vision I had to share it.  Everyone I spoke
to at Elfsea liked it.  The question was could we make it a regional event?
His Excellancy, Baron Galen told me that he wanted to make Elfsea's
Springfaire theme for 2002 12th century since that is his persona period
which would fit right in and Springfaire 2001 is already set with a
Renaisance theme.

I would like to see people playing personas from the Robin Hood stories sort
of like Three Kings.

Well, what does everyone else think?  Could this be fun?

Darcy