ARCH - Archery Marshal warrants

Fearghus lordfearghus at home.com
Mon Oct 9 18:37:52 PDT 2000

OK here goes,
at crown I hope this gives a clearer explanation.

Supervising Target Archery Marshals- These are  gentles authorized as Target
Archery Marshals. The title of 'Supervising' was chosen over authorizing so
as not to give the impression that one must be 'authorized' to shoot target
archery. Currently all Marshals that were on the last warrant list and the
Marshals formally know as at large will be Supervising Target Archery
Marshals. This means Gilli, it has no effect on your scores that you have
posted.

Now there is a new designation of Authorizing Combat Archery Marshal. These
are Marshals that are can authorize combat archers. They are responsible for
inspecting all combat archery equipment. I would encourage all Combat
Archery Marshals to become inspecting marshals for either Rapier or
Chivalric although this is not a requirement. Only the Kingdom Archery
Marshal and the Regional Archery Marshals can create Authorizing Combat
Archery Marshals. This new system will require that authorization cards be
filled out and sent in to Mistress Stella to be added to the data base. Now
before everyone gets in an uproar about this let me explain. This new method
of warranting brings the archery community in line with the other marshal
activities that we do. Also once you have been authorized you will remain an
authorized marshal in either or both activities as long as you keep you card
up to date. As of October authorization cards will be, I believe, good for 4
years. Stella correct me if I am wrong.

There are a few local marshals that will not automatically become
Authorizing Combat Archery Marshals. This is because they are not even
authorized combat archers. Once they become authorized combat archers, they
will be added to the warrant list as Authorizing Combat Archery Marshals.

Again with the new Society level rules for Target Archery Requiring the
warranting of Target Archery Marshals we had to come up with a more formal
method of tracking who is and isn't authorized. Now if anyone does not
currently have a card, contact you regional or myself and this will be
corrected. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me.

In service to the Kingdom,

Ld Fearghus MacKenna
Kingdom Archery Marshal