ARCH - Archery Marshal warrants

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Mon Oct 9 19:22:21 PDT 2000

Well, OK.

Since we have brought the marshals in line with the other activities we do;
when will we do the same for the target archers?

The  reason I ask this is because NONE of the marshals, except for myself,
that I have seen this past year have either given a safety briefing or have
had the ranges rules posted.  Granted, I haven't been to all the events;
however, the ones I did go to that I  wasn't in charge of didn't do the
briefing / posted rules.

I find it amazing that folks are  required to take a class for almost every
office, demonstrate fighting ability and knowledge of those rules to be able
to be on the field, but the one thing we do that can KILL at  a distance
doesn't.  And the meger requirement that is required by the Society isn't
being done here for the most part.

What would be so hard to add the line Target Archery to the card?  Make the
archer read  some rules, show that the archer can follow those rules, then
go have a nice day?