ARCH - Academy of the Bow

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Fri Oct 20 07:10:56 PDT 2000

No anger here, Timothy.  You hit the nail square on the head.  You'd think
that since it's a Kingdom level event, which means that it doesn't count
against the number of events you can do per year, folks would want to do it.

The reason everyone wants to hold Crown is because Crown is a big money
maker for the hosting group.  Getting right down to the basics, I think
that's why most don't want to do AoB.  They percieve that the event as a big
losser moneywise.  This isn't the case with the event.  It won't make the
big sums that a Crown will, but those last few we did made several hundred
dollar profit.

There are two big problems hosting an AoB.  Timing and space.  You have to
start 4 - 6 months out on the planning  and you have to have the space to do
the ranges.  Although, I suspose one could be done totally inside without a
range.

So Raven Fort's AoB was cancelled on site.  Don't think I'd heard that one
before.

Timothy, you sound as if you might have some ideas of your own for the
event. If so, I'd very much like to hear them.   AoB is an educational
event, but if no one attends, not much education will happen.  If there are
some ideas out there that can spice it up a bit, let's explore them in a
*brain storming* mode.

The only argument for moving the event around was because Middleford had
done it so much.  In a way that's a bad thing.  But again, I think  it would
be  a much worse thing not to have it.

You know, I know that some folks are getting somewhat tired of the Canton
site.  But it would make  a dandy site for Academy of the Bow.  And there's
several groups that use it on a regular basis.

Timothy, personnelly, I don't want to have to try to figure out what someone
meant when they said something.  We're archers, let's get to the point.  :)

BTW, we need to talk about Three Kings, it's getting close.

Gilli

Shoot more arrows and more will hit gold.