ARCH - Thoughts about events

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Fri Oct 20 16:39:57 PDT 2000

All good and worth thinking about suggestions.

I too was at that event  in Wisenfeuar.  I got the feeling we (the archers)
were more or less swollowed up by the other activities.  Now don't get me
wrong, I had a  great  time.

One problem with combining AoB with almost any other event is the space
requirement if you are going to have the ranges.  A lot of sites that are
suitable for colligiums or the AoR  just won't support archery ranges.
Kings College for example is almost always in an air conditioned building
with very little if anything going on outside.  I'm not saying it couldn't
work; however, the other event folks may be reluctant to change their
location for one that would support the archery.

When you say *books*, were you referring to procedings of the AoB or of the
AoR or something totally differant?

I'm not sure where you're getting the 3 - 4 dozen attendance figure for the
event.  All the stand alone  AoB that we (Middleford) have done have had
right at 100 people.  Now, I do think that the Kingdom Calendar could give a
little support to ALL Kingdom level event.  Yeah, yeah, I know that there
are only 4 protected events during the year.  Still if you let three other
events get scheduled the same time, the turn out isn't going to be very
good.   Perhaps only one event at the other end of the Kingdom.

Say, how's that period shootin' coming?

Anyway, I know that Academy of the Bow can stand on it's own.  I think  it
needs to stand on it's own.  We (archers) get lumped in with other folks on,
IMHO, enough things now.  But , then that's just me.