ARCH - Royal Huntsman

harry billings psobaka at myriad.net
Fri Oct 20 16:49:58 PDT 2000

I could have sworen that I read the Queens Champion was to choosin with 3
week of Coronation, but htat may just be tradition.

>The time and the place for choosing the Royal Huntsman is as with the other
>Royal Champions at the discretion of the Crown. Now I am in favor of opening
>the event up for bids as we do for Queens Champion. The Kings Champion
>tourney is starting to be held at Coronation. This is not always the case. I
>will be speaking with Their Highnesses and will encourage the Huntsman
>tourney to be held early in their reign. This will start to get them in the
>time frame that it should be held and give the person holding the title as
>close to six months as possible.

I must be suffer from old age and brain fade. We "needed" a special tourney
to promote target archery and now we don't. Was ther a need for this special
tourney or did it fill an imaginary need.

>As for the tourney being used to promote
>IKAC that is not the case. That was just the format that His Excellency
>Drake requested. The tourney format will also be at the discretion of the
>crown with input I would hope from the current holder of the title and the
>Kingdom Archery Marshal until at such time it has been firmly established
>and traditions can be made for the format as they are for the other
>Champions.
>
>Ld Fearghus MacKenna
>Kingdom Archery Marshal

Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Southern Reagional Archery Marshal