ARCH - Scores

Eadric Anstapa smills at barley.scabrewer.com
Tue Sep 19 13:47:34 PDT 2000

Actually there is a standard form.

The keeper of the IKAC makes an Excel spreadsheet available that does all the
math for you to compute the 2 possible Royal Round scores and the IKAC
total.  The scoresheet can be obtained from the offical IKAC web site and
there are links to it in the forms section at http://archery.ansteorra.org
The direct link to the form is
http://www.dellarco.com/ontarget/download/ikacss.xls

This is basically the "official" IKAC scoresheet and if everyone used this
form when submitting their IKAC or/and RR scores not only would it make it
easier on the scorekeepers but it would minimize errors since it will do the
math for you.

There are people who will argue that to use this spreadshet it requires Excel
and they can't afford to buy Microsoft Office.  My response is that Star
Office is FREE for download an will use this excel spreadsheet (and most
other MS Office documents) well and freely.  Alternately, the doucument is
available as an Adobe Acrobat document so that it can also be freely printed
out and filled in by hand and then sent by snail-mail.

As I said, one of my short term goals is to have an online form available
that can be filled out online right in your web browser and used to submit
the scores.  I am just working out the javascript to do the math.

In Service,

Eadric

pflynn <pflynn at mail.ev1.net> said:

> As a relatively newcomer to this list and someone who is just getting
started, it sounds as if a standard form needs to set up for the submission
of scores and distributed to every group to make things easier for posting
and/or tracking purposes.