ARCH - IntraAnsteorra Archery Competition standings

Eadric Anstapa smills at barley.scabrewer.com
Thu Sep 28 09:07:34 PDT 2000

Bob Dewart <gilli at seacove.net> said:

> I used my 25lb fiberglas, Robert used a 30lb fiberglass, don't remember
> about Plachoya.  Robert also used my period self nock arrows.

Those are solid fibreglass bows?

OK I am confused.  I would have never used a fibreglass bow in the period
division and as a marshal/scorekeeper I would have never scored somebody in
the period division if they were using a fibreglass bow.
Yes I realize the rules say:

"Period style recurves and longbows of any material are allowed."

but it also says:

"Construction materials should be mainly those that were used in period for
the making of that style of bow. Modern materials such as synthetic glues,
finishes, fibers (strings) or artificial sinew are allowed as long as their
use does not give an unfair advantage in performance over period materials."

and:

"Fiberglass may be used as a substitute for horn and or sinew in the
construction of period style recurve bows such as Arab, Turkish, Mongol,
etc., but no modern features such as full or partial center cut handles are
allowed."

OK, so where in here does it allow the commercially produced fibreglass
bows?

Plachoya, as out IKAC deputy is this something you should clarify with
Giovanni?  Should I allow people to use the comemrcially available fibreglass
bows to shoot a period division score?

So confused,

Eadric