ARCH - Period rules and such

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Thu Sep 28 20:49:31 PDT 2000

OK Plachoya settle down, whatever I did I am sorry.  The IKAC is great and wonderful and a lot of people do a lot of hard work and I am glad it is there.

Now, here I go again...

However, the rules about equipment are unclear and confusing.  I am not trying to play period police here.  If I can shoot blatantly modern bows in the period division I will start doing so.

If bows don't have to look period and they can be made from red fiberglass then all of that stuff in the rules about bow construction and how bows must resemble period bows needs to be removed.  It just needs to say that you must use self-nocked, horn-nocked, or otherwise period arrows if that is the only real equipment requirement.  If the rules were clear we would have a lot more period scores submitted.

In light of the confusing text in the rules, as the Coastal Regional Deputy and as the Kingdom Marshallate Virtual Scribe,  I would like to make an Official Request to YOU as the Kingdom Deputy for IKAC that you discuss this matter with Giovanni.  Please suggest that the rules be cleaned up and clarified and all of that stuff about equipment be removed if it is really not important.  Please forward Giovanni's response to the list.

I make this formal request of you because as a Marshal I am often asked questions about the IKAC and although it is a privately sponsored competition as virtual scribe I am frequently begged, bugged, and badgered about IKAC information on the web

In Service,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal
Virtual Scribe to the Marshallate