ARCH - becoming a marshall

Melinda Forrester m_forrester at SoftHome.net
Wed Sep 6 14:47:37 PDT 2000

Hello!

>>If Ffynnon Gath doesn't have an archery marshal, you'll need to apply to
the
>>Southern Regional Marshal who is Lord Plachoya Sobaka.

Ffynnon Gath does not currently have an archery marshall.  In fact, I would
be the first.  I have my app for office and copies of both my license and
membership card ready to go.

>>If you can't make it to the shoot, perhaps we could arrange a meeting.  We
>>did a local thing for the Bjornsborg marshal first part of last month.

I can possibly make it this weekend but it would only be for the day on
Saturday.  What time should I plan on arriving?  I will definately want to
take the marshalling class.  Right now my equipment consists of 24 crossbow
bolts (Baldar blunts) and my crossbow and quiver.  I do not have my armor
ready yet and do not have any live bolts.  As you can tell, I am just
getting started!  I had Talon look at a couple of my bolts before I made too
many of them to make sure I was on the right track but I would like to get
the whole lot looked at just to make sure I stayed on the right track.  I
would love to get some target practice in.  Since we are without an archery
marshall it is hard to get any kind of "official" practice going.  If it
turns out I can't make it I will be at several events over the next couple
of months including Defender of the Fort.  Maybe we can set up some kind of
meeting then or at our Shire's fighter practice (Wednesdays at 8 pm).

Thanks for your help.

-Aleksandra