ARCH - Archery Marshal's Handbook

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Wed Sep 27 20:13:51 PDT 2000

I'm by no means trying to run any one off.  And if I turn out something that
isn't correct, I should be taken to task about it.  But a leak that is fixed
but still leaks, is still a leak.

In my opinion, bad help is worse than no hope at all.  Let me give a few
examples:  a cook who puts  so much salt in the food it's uneatable.  An
archer, who while tring to shoot the enemy, shoots six of his own in the
back.  While both these gentles were trying their best to help, their
efforts were not helpful at all.

However, I believe that the target of my "gritching" and the desired action
have all been missed.  sigh

BTW, thank you for your kind words.  However; I'm only one of not as many as
I'd hope there'd be.

Now before we start with the "if you want more you should be nicer to them
thing" let me say something.  If there wasn't something to grip about, I
wouldn't grip.  How many out there every play on a football team?  How many
ever been in the military? When the coach or the Drill instructor  had a
burr under their blanket, they let you know about it, didn't they.  And
since there hasn't been a draft in about 25+ years and football is an
elective, all those folks were volunteers too.

So what does all that mean?  Beats me, other than if someone wants to do
something they will.  If not, they won't.