ARCH - IntraAnsteorra Archery Competition standings

Eadric Anstapa eadric at barley.scabrewer.com
Thu Sep 28 17:06:09 PDT 2000

Robert,

I understand what you are saying and I would NEVER want to discourage fledgling archers.  These new archer can compete in the open division with whatever equipment they can get their hands on.

I thought the whole point of the period division was to reward those people who used period equipment.  In essence I see the goal as promoting  the arts and sciences aspects of the manufacture of period equipment.  To quote from the IKAC rules:

"The main intent of the Period division is to encourage the use and construction of gear with a more period appearance in our SCA archery. "

In Service,

Eadric