ARCH - Royal Huntsman at AoB

Fearghus lordfearghus at home.com
Fri Apr 6 19:10:21 PDT 2001

The Royal Huntsman was not created to promote IKAC. His Excellancy Drake
chose IKAC as the first tourney because he wanted Ansteorra to have more
scores. The Royal Huntsman was created to provide a venue to promote archery
and in my opinion a way to recognize archers in this Kingdom. I am sorry to
say this, while the IKAC is a noble shoot and competition it is not the end
all to archery in this Kingdom. It is not the driving force for competition
and it is not necessarilly the way to measure who the best archers in this
Kingdom are. The best archers in this Kingdom are the ones that support our
endevor and promote and teach. They are the ones that strive to be the best
that they can and work to make this enjoyable for all involved. The best
archers in this Kingdom are the ones that take the time to work with our
children on the range to ensure that our activity has a future. Now it so
happens that some of the best archers in this Kingdom are the ones that can
place alot of arrows in the gold, but that is not all that goes in to being
an Ansteorran Archer. Again this is my opinion and not necessarily the
opinion of the managment.

Fearghus