ARCH - History repeat itself

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Wed Apr 11 09:35:47 PDT 2001

No Problem on the Snippage.  I'll delete the rest since I only want to clear up a few points.  Also Speaking as an Archer whose also Authorized as a Heavy fighter and Marshal and yadayadayada...  There were several documented and reported cases of people being injured by Grill penatration.  Not the least of which was Sir Erika that missed losing her eye by about a quarter of an inch.

I've adding a bird blunt to the nock end of a shaft takes an hour or so to get used to then it's about the same.  maybe loose ten yards or so on range.  If Erika had been hit by that, Even though testing shoes the odds against it happenings are increased about 10 fold, it would have caused bruising but she wouldn't have had the sharp edge to scratch her eyeball.

And While waivers are great it doesn't actually protect anyone from lawsuit except the SCA INC and her employees and officers.  We're very open to lawsuit as the shooter.  We're generally protected from that as long as we have met acceptable risk and such.  Basically if we know or think there's a problem and don't do anything to address it then a person that got hit could very easily have a case.  Maybe not a good one but a case none the less.

I don't know about you but if I can spend an extra $.50 an arrow and reduce the risk of people getting hurt and me getting sued than I think I just might do that.

I'll tell you here and now that you're right about Safety glasses or lexan being potentially dangerous.  I will not be using them anytime soon.

Just another .02 worth,
     Wilim

PS We can talk more at Business Meeting if you make it