ARCH - Re: ANST-Announce - History repeat itself

Harry C. Billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Fri Apr 13 10:38:13 PDT 2001

>I absolutely agree.  If they "have to be", then we must do so.  However;
there are other things that can be done to increase the safety of the game
we play that will be _far_ more effective than any useable change we could
make to Ansteorran crossbows.

>Checking one's equipment for serviceability and compliance with regulations
is a very good thing and should be done often.  However, I'm not aware of
any Ansteorran bows or crossbows, and I personnally checked many of them at
the war, that were not in compliance with current regs.

Gilli my new and improved crossbow will pass 594 inch lbs., but I will not
use it evenunder the curent rules. Took it out to try out and broke a shaft
the third time I hit a tree with it. This was a purposse made bolt not a
recovered arrow made into a bolt. Will be doing speed testing a Day in the
Garden I hope.
Plachoya Sobaka insignificant archer; Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra