ARCH - What a deal

Mills, Scott Scott.Mills at compaq.com
Thu Apr 19 12:09:09 PDT 2001

The octagonal UHMW bulbous nocks have very little hanging below or to the
bow side of the shaft because the shaft is set into one corner of it.

To see what I mean loot at the bottom illustration at

http://fellwalker.com/SCA/missile/ABD/hbuhmwabds.jpg

And folks, lets PLEASE NOT CALL THEN ABD's.  The are not
Anti-Bounceback-Devices and do nothing to prevent bouncebacks.  Lets call
them what they are and what Sir Jon originally called his designs "Bulbous
Nocks".  Fellwalker has pushed the ABD term and it is an incorrect use in
these cases.  Please use either "Bulbous Nock" or APD for
Anti-Penetration-Device.  Lets be clear on what they really are.

Regards,

Eadric