ARCH - Golf Tube APD

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Mon Apr 30 05:26:13 PDT 2001

Greetings and Hi There,

On the SCA Missile combat list, Rupert the Persistant, came up with an idea
that appears just might work for wood shafts.

Basically you make a 1 1/4 top APD just like the Siloflex ones.  Then with a
candle or small touch you melt the ends a bit and squesh them down to form a
ridge around the edge.  THis ridge serves two purposes 1)gives it some extra
strength and 2) keeps it from being a cutting hazard.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet.  But the report he made and the
website stuff he has looks pretty good.  Here at work I'm not on that list.
Eadric, could you, perhaps forward Rupert's website to the list.  I'm sure
folks would like to see what he has come up with.

I think this will work for us folks who still have wood.