ARCH - Royal Huntsman

smills at scabrewer.com smills at scabrewer.com
Tue Apr 3 13:59:28 PDT 2001

Oh I agree with you completely.

Ideally there would be all thes separate tourneys spread around the kingdom
that got the individual attention and respect that they deserve. AND they
would be on the Kingdom Calendar and have Balck Star ads so people would know
in advance when they are happening and have to plan to attend and the
organizaer would have time to prepare and do the event justice.

What we have now currently is a situation where there aren't on the calendar,
aren't getting Black Star Ads or giving the populace more than a couple of
weeks notice that the Champion Tournaments will take place.  And the group
that finally does Pony up and agreee to host the things (because their event
in on the Royal Progress) are faced with last minute planning to do and to
top it all off, now after they have already set their budget and planned
accordingly it is thrown out the window becuase they will now be asked to
donate a percentage of their profits (for hosting a kingdom event) that they
had not planned for.

We the archery community have got to pull together something better.

Regards,

Eadric

Wilim Penbras <wilim.penbras at pandora.org> said:

> If I can play devil's advocate for a moment I'll point out one thing
without even thinking about motives for keeping Queen's Champion a seperate
event.

> One event, hosted by a single group.  Gives the Kingdom a certain revenue
based on a percentage of the profits.  This event might be a huge event and
take in a considerable ammount but the host group WILL have to get a
percentage.  Figure all of the regular heavies, lights, bards, Archers, and
Equestrians will be there.  It could easily be an 1000 person event  the
kingdom will get a nice percentage of that as it is a kingdom event(I wanna
say 30%?).  9 events that are Kingdom events will still draw a good number of
regular people plus the specialty group maybe around 250 people .  Bam  the
kingdom just got 30% of the equivalent of a 2000+ person event instead of 30%
of a single 1000 person event.

> Then there's the consideration that you really sometimes have to spread the
Kingdom events around so perhaps some of the smaller areas get a chance at
hosting a larger event and so the Crown has an excuse to go there and see a
few hundred instead of only a hundred or so.

> All of these are simply opinions and are not offered as motives or
explainations for the basting the Eadric got in private to his suggestion.