ARCH - Royal Huntsman at AoB

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Mon Apr 9 09:41:47 PDT 2001

I don't know.  I guess it's just me.  But I find it pretty exciting when I
watch a archer slam arrow after arrow into the gold.  But then I like to
watch bowling too.

From: Sylvrfalcn at aol.com [mailto:Sylvrfalcn at aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2001 8:16 AM
To: ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: ARCH - Royal Huntsman at AoB

  If Plachoya's opinion is worth "50 cents", then mine is worth considerably

less, but I have to agree with the folks that are opposed to a tournament
based on an IKAC round. For a group of 12 to 15 archers to shoot a full and
proper IKAC would be a rather tedious process for archers and spectators
alike.  Eadric and some of the others are on the right trail.  A tournament
should have the kind of excitement and pageantry that will draw spectators
and hold them in rapt attention.  The animal shoot we did at Raven's Fort
Defender was one of the funner shoots I've participated in, that fox at 40
yards was a real booger.  In my humble opinion we should all work hard to
bring up our IKAC scores for the ongoing "tournament" our kingdom is
participating in.  But, whenever and wherever we hold a no-kidding
tournament
it should be novel, it should be fun, and it should test the skill of our
archers while precluding the possibility of winning by sheer luck.

         In Service,
Lord Robert of Yorkshire