ARCH - History repeat itself

Duke, Wes WDuke at aegonusa.com
Wed Apr 11 08:32:02 PDT 2001

OK Folks, here is what is going on. Due the now documented problems with
bounce back that occurred at Gulf War, We the archery community have been
mandated to fix 2 problems. 1)  penetration of the face grills from bounce
backs and 2) come up with a better way of judging and gauging force from
bows and crossbows. Now the Society Earl Marshal has stated that we can
either fix it ourselves or it will be fixed for us.  Now before everyone
goes off the deep end and the this turns into another flame debate let me
state that we will find solutions to the bounce back problem and the
solution that we present will not be putting eye shields on helms. Now I
personally agree that this would be the ultimate solution. Well it just
won't fly with the heavy folks and like it or not we play on their field.
Now WE can come up with solutions that are workable or we can have it
dictated to us.  Ladies and Gentlemen,  we have spoken for years about no
one being able to document bounce back injuries, but I have seen the results
and they happened at this last Gulf War, and more to the point the Senior
Mashallete of this Society has seen them. I would ask that while this is a
very personal issues with us that we keep ourselves on track and work to
finding a solution to a sticky problem. I have a group of folks helping me
test and accumulate data. I have a deadline of the end of April to give some
recommendations to Sir Wilhelm.  So please, we are an intelligent group of
people, lets come up with some intelligent answers.

Ld Fearghus MacKenna
Kingdom Archery Marshal

Wes Duke
IT Manager