ARCH - Royal Hunstman Tourney & Academy of the Bow

Wilim Penbras wilim.penbras at pandora.org
Mon Apr 30 11:07:29 PDT 2001

Will,
     Thanks for your input.  When we tested the design at Karrick's it worked quite well.  In 18 arrows (the same total we shot) Karrick and I averaged about 4 touches with 2 splits each.  It really is more of a mental block for most archers I think.  They try to Hit the bullseye area and end up shooting a 2x4" target instead of just worrying about windage.  If you only worry about windage then the target are is 2x30".

The Buck was covering the majority of the target butt.  it was about 706 square inches with the kill zone being roughly 60 square inches.  The plate was roughly 57 square inches and the wand was 60 square inches.

All of the targets we're worth different amounts but the size of what you were trying to hit was almost identical in each case.

The Camping areas are open to modification by anyone.  No MAJOR cutting trees but anything 5" or less can go away.  The Site is an AMTGuard owned site and they don't really need the same kind of space we do.  You really don't think the main list area would work for war practice?  It's about 200 - 250 yds in both directions.  The trees around the road will be clear futher back in some of the tight spots.  The camp sites will probably be left to campers to deal with.  Water will be being run further into camp but probably not in time for AOB.  There is electricity in the merchanting area and with the tree cover people could probably set up gas powered generators in the woods without being loud enough to disturb most.

The port-a-lets will be better taken care of at future events included moving the handicap portalet to list area.  (for Chairs and Elizabethans. <G> )  There is a long list of improvments intended for this site and the more we use it the faster money will be available for them.  The short list is a Bath House and More electricity available.  Also a Proper Archery range.  (They consulted with us on how best to set one up as they currently don't do target archery.)

In Service,
     Wilim