[Ansteorra-archery] Heavy bows was RE: Stargate Baronial

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Fri Aug 10 22:38:17 PDT 2001

> Dose this mean I could use a 65# bow with the combat arrows?????

Sure as long as your arrows are spined to handle a 65# bow and it is all
approved by the marshals.

The loaner arrows we will have will all be fiberglass shafted arrows so
they should handle it.

When we do a safety inspection we will want to see the bows and arrows you
are planning to use for the combat shoot.  If we have some safety concerns
then we will go out and take a few test shots to make sure there aren't
problems.

Now I am curious.

How many of you out there actually shoot a bow of that draw weight?

I know Walter the Fletcher up in Rosenfeld does, but that is about the only
archer in the kingdom that I personally know who shoots a bow that heavy.

OK everybody chime in.  If you are using a bow 55# or greater tell us what
draw weight and type of bow you are using.

Come join us at Stargate Baronial,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com