[Ansteorra-archery] Heavy bows

Agnarr Thorvaldsson agnarr at apex2000.net
Fri Aug 10 23:27:21 PDT 2001

I have two bows at this time that I'm just starting to play with that are over 55 lbs. Both are Longbows that were made by my Father-in-Law in Arizona who no longer wanted them.  So he just up and sent them to me a couple of weeks ago.

One is a  60 lb "D" section Osaka orange that shoots well but seems to stack a little bit at my draw weight.  And this makes me just a little bit cautious when I shoot it.

The other heavy bow that he gave me is a 73 lb. Oak and hickory laminated Longbow with elk horn tipped nocks, this is a real FAST Shooting bow believe me.  However this bow can really take a lot out of you when you use it regularly.  I do not honestly think I could do a complete Round Robin or a IAAC with this bow at this time.
(This is because the arrows always blow right thru my hay bales when I shoot it, and I do not think I could pull it enough times in one sitting while at our local archery practices.)

I am hoping that I can get used to the added poundage of these two bows so that I can use them in the upcoming Hunting Season to restock my freezer with a variety if game meats.  (For some reason doing the normal Sniper stuff with my rifle is not interesting me this year . )

HL Agnarr