[Ansteorra-archery] You want fries with that?

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Thu Dec 6 10:17:31 PST 2001

It worked well for us for many years.  Maybe because we let folks add their
own comments if they wanted.  Most comments were positive; however, some
were not.  For a long time there, several of us would talk about it, then
I'd write them up.  When it came time to sign them, I'd have several sheets,
depending on how many we were recommending.  I'd hand them to people and
told them to sign them or not, there choise.  And they'd go through them and
did as they wanted.  Some folks actually looked forwarded to doing the
awards like that.  They'd tell me that they were glad I did it because they
never knew what to say.

Some folks think it's a complicated thing to recommend someone for an award.
It's not; however, it can be emotional. (Yes, I admit it.  I'm a
marshmellow-crusty on the outside and pure goooo on the inside. ) I'll be
the first to admit I'm not the most elequant among us and at times my
ability to use this medium to express myself is less than adequate.
However, being an elder statesman is not required. Just tell them why you
think that person should get the award.  Do the best you can.  Remember to
put in the appropriate "Your Majesties".  But hey, they're folks too.