[Ansteorra-archery] Gulf War - Combat Archer Going

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Sat Dec 22 07:33:41 PST 2001

Greetings to the List.

I am responding back to an earlier post from Lady Eleanor, who was
wondering any if any Ansteorran Archers were were going to Gulf War? And
their preparations?

I am going to Gulf War in March. Currently I have a 30 lb., recurve bow
with 45 baldar blunt tip arrows with Gilli's Golf Tube (GT) design as my
APD. I have made each one APD and have shot these at least once a week.

I have started tracking down the raw materials to build additional
combat arrows with UHMW heads and using the GT APD on them.

I am in the Dallas area.

I am concern about the lack of respond back on Gilli's GT APD design
from the Society Marshal.

Question - if I show up with this design (Gilli's Gt APD) on my combat
arrows, will it be accepted at Gulf War XI?

Michael of the Fray
Combat Archer for the Fray
Hammer of the Purse
Hammer of the Eye
Greater Fyrd

This message brought to you by the Ansteorran Fray.
Se Fray Stente Festa!