[Ansteorra-archery] Kingdom legal arrow rests

Travis W. Jennings traviswj at attbi.com
Sat Dec 22 07:45:51 PST 2001

And for something completely different...

Greetings all,

Well I think I had a pretty good first year in the SCA last year,
especially as an archer.  I've had a lot of fun training and competing
in Ansteorran Archery and it seems to be somewhat natural to me (maybe
it's some of that Comanche blood in my veins, or possible all that Army
marksmanship training hehehe).  So I would like to get even more serious
about archery this year.  My father is giving me the funds to order a
new competition takedown recurve.  I've been reading over and over the
equipment rules for Ansteorra and studying modern archery competition
and Olympic equipment.

So, my question for now is: what is the best arrow rest I can get that
is Ansteorra legal?  The current rules state:

"No modern spring/flipper rests or plunger buttons are allowed.  The use
of simple rests is allowed, such as: simple one-piece plastic or
non-adjustable wire rests; feather, bristle, leather, etc. rests; built
out shelves or rests.  The use of the shelf in a cut-out window is also
allowed."

What exactly would be a good example of "simple one-piece plastic or
non-adjustable wire rests"?

Maybe someday Lord Karrcik will refer to me as "an archer" and not just
"a person with a bow." :-)

Thank you for your time,
Lughaidh Mac Sheóinín (Louie)