[Ansteorra-archery] Who's going to the war as a combat archer????

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Sun Dec 23 18:41:01 PST 2001

I posted a responds on who is going to Gulf War Saturday morning. I will
repost that same answer here.

I am going to Gulf War in March. Currently I have a 30 lb., recurve bow
with 45 baldar blunt tip arrows with Gilli's Golf Tube (GT) design as my
APD. I have made each one APD and have shot these same arrows at least
once a week.

I have 5 more that I need to either repair due to damage from shooting
at targets.

My target is two 13 ounce coffee cans - one at thigh high and the other
around chest high.

I have started tracking down the raw materials to build additional
combat arrows with UHMW heads and using the GT APD on them.

Question - if I show up with this design (Gilli's GT APD) on my combat
arrows, will it be accepted at Gulf War XI?
Currently, this design is approved for use in Ansteorra only.

This question really needs an answer and soon!

If I have to re-fit every arrow with a design other than Gilli's GT APD
- then I am back to square one with respect to the learning curve - not
to mention the time spend in the re-fit effort.

Michael of the Fray