[Ansteorra-archery] Who's going to the war as a combat archer????

ironwyrm at juno.com ironwyrm at juno.com
Mon Dec 24 01:33:19 PST 2001

Greetings,

Should you plan to attend "Lindenwood's Border War" in February we might
be able to assist you.  There will be two other authorizing combat
archery marshals from the Steppes in attendance of that event as well as
myself.

You will need to be familiar with current Ansteorran combat archery rules
& regulations, as well as armor, combat bow/crossbow, and combat
arrow/bolt requirements.  And yes, there will be a test!   (Hint -
showing up in armor and with your combat archery equipment ready & able
to pass inspection is going to be a big plus.)

I have the honor to be "Archer in Charge" of the event and my ugly face
is very well known to most good gentles of that Canton as well as most
archers attending.  You should have no problem having someone to point me
out for you.

We plan to hold several combat arrow & bolt making classes, do a bit of
target archery, and there will be a Central Regional War Practice held
the last day of the event.  But my personal goal is to ready as many of
our combat archers as possible for "Gulf War" the following month.

It should be great fun,  I do hope that you as well as all who can shall
join us!

In service,

Ld. Wm. Ironwyrm
Marshal of Archers Barony of the Steppes