[Ansteorra-archery] Who's going to the war as a combat archer????

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Sun Dec 23 21:14:59 PST 2001

Unfortunately the north has languished the last few years with very little
archery direction in that area.  Earl Barn only took over as archery marshal
this past Spring/Summer.

YOU can do something about not having a marshal in your area.  Go to the
Ansteorran Archery Pages and read all of the material on archery rules for
Ansteorra and in the SCA.  The talk to Earl Barn and get authorized.

You will likely need to travel since it should be expected that before being
authorized as a marshal you should demonstrate knowledge and proficiency.
However please remember that everyone else who ever got authorized had to do
the same.

If Earl Barn is farther away then ask Lord Fearghus who in the Steppes and
Elfsea areas he would suggest you study under.  There are a lot of great
archers and marshals in the that area (So far all of the Royal Huntsman have
been from that area).

Regards,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com