[Ansteorra-archery] Another post about the bow??

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Mon Dec 24 08:02:58 PST 2001

You can save some money by making UHMW cored blunts.

Depending on how many you buy, Baldar Blunts will cost you $1.50 to $2 each.
A foot of  1.25" UHMW Rod will cost about the same and depending on your
design will give you the base material to make 6 to 10 blunts.

If you can find a plastic supply place in the Tyler area that sells the Rod
then that will probably be the cheapest way to go but there are a few places
that sell online.

The least expensive online supplier that I know is:

Interstate Plastics
http://www.iplastics.net/meta/fmuhmw.htm
 they  will have 1.25" Rod for about $1.41 a foot

Be sure to read Sir Jon's original article on UHMW cored blunts at
http://www.meridies.org/as/dmir/Arms&Armor/02/com_arch.html

Then go to http://archery.ansteorra.org and look in the Manuals and
Reference Section and read the paper on Fiberglass/UHMW combat arrow
construction that Wilim presented at the last Academy of the Bow.

There is one thing that I would change from Wilims instructions.  I would
not use nocks that required the shaft to be tapered.  I use over-nocks as it
saves time and I don't wear out a taper tool.  Just run some sand paper
around the end of the shaft to smooth things up, put on a little Duco
Cement, and the twist on a 1/4" over-nock.  I use Arizona HT nocks.  Online
you can get them from Cabela's at http://www.cabelas.com.  Look for item
R9-410332

Can everyone tell that I believe in online shopping?

In Service,

Lord Eadric Anstapa
Coastal Regional Archery Marshal, Ansteorra
eadric at scabrewer.com