[Ansteorra-archery] Who's going to the war as a combat archer????

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Fri Dec 28 11:09:55 PST 2001

You authorized me as a combat archer. I intend to fight as one at Gulf Wars this year, but I would like to help as a marshal also. I have to admit it is also the only box (other than rapier authorizing marshal) that is not filled in on my card, but I really am intending to be active in the archery community. I watched Wilim at the last war (I was his shield man in the fort) and was impressed. He killed more enemy than any knight. And he had much fun doing it. And archers at 3 kings were very impressive at the bridge battle.

I had thought I was not interested after the APD issues, but I want to play in your sandbox. Once before you considered making me a marshal, but I did not know what I needed to know. What do I need to study (I know I need to re-read the kingdom fighter's handbook, for instance) and what do I need to do to become a combat archery marshal (and a target archery marshal).

Caelin