[Ansteorra-archery] Re: [fray-ansteorra] [Fwd: Golf Tube APD]

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Mon Dec 31 10:11:56 PST 2001

Thanks for bring this issue it.

Since, I prefer to work with the heavy fighters and a heavy shield wall
unit. The feedback that I get from these individuals have been very
insightful and which most archers who only prepare and go to one or two
wars a year never consider some issues.

The very issue that you have brought up, have also been expressed
several times by various fighters. This is due not to the being "hit" by
a combat archer and thus being "wounded" or "killed" but by the possible
scraping of the edge of the UHMW head against unprotected skin, thus
breaking the skin and causing an actual wound.

I first trimmed the edge of each UHMW head with a knife. Then practice
with these heads, both against targets and fighters. The feedback was
invaluable in fine tuning both my skills and suggested improvements for
the combat arrows.

The end result - I have gone out and bought a dremel tool to further
"round" both the leading and trailing edges down. Removing sharp edges
on the UHMW heads. This will hopefully lead to less complains from
fighters that combat archers are not safe and did not have any concern
about safety!

Michael of the Fray