ARCH - War Consolidation???

Dewart, Charles R. --G3 Contractor (Anteon Corp) Charles.Dewart at hood.army.mil
Mon Feb 12 05:00:34 PST 2001

OK, here's what I'm thinking of doing.  And right now it's just thinking
because I have to check on two things before I can do it.

I already have a spot for the arrow factory thanks to Sir Simon the land
mister there on site.  I also have just recently acquired a second GP med
tent liner.  Plus some of you may have seen the bow rack that I sometimes
set up.

What I want to do is set up that second tent attached too the factory.
Basically it would be a double wide GP medium.  Make about six 8 foot long
bow racks and use the second tent for a sort of archer's arms room.

But before I can do this I must first check with Sir Simon about the second
tent and since it's been raining since I got the new liner, I haven't had
the time to check it out.

Security.....hummmmm, well.  One should be concerned about ones things.  All
I can say is I have left all my stuff at the range numerous time as have
others and other than getting some dew on the equipment nothing happened.
Three years ago at the war I had the arrow factory and some folks stored
their stuff there because it was closer to the battlefield then their camp
(as will it be this year.  The spot is between the battlefield and the
Ansteorran encampment.).  To the best of my knowledge, nothing was taken.

I'm not planning on having anyone sleep there or be up 24/7 while we're
there.  So how secure will the equipment be that is stored there?  I'd hope
as secure as Fort Knox.  While I'm probably a dreamer, I'd hope that on a
site full of thousands of our brothers and sisters thievery would not
happen.

All I know is, assuming everything works out, ALL my stuff will be there.
And if it manages to work out, any other Ansteorran or allies who wishes may
do so also, as long as room remains.

Now there are a few good points to this thing too.
1).  Gives more room at your camp.
2).  Closer to the battlefield.
3).  Gives a place for the archers to gather and talk.
4).  A Convenient place to conduct equipment and arrow inspections.
5).  A place to repair arrows damaged in battle.

But hey, I still got to get it there.

OK, so now, what do you all think of this idea.